Friday, November 9, 2007

This means war!

Paul and Kelly have grown very fond of my front garden. Which would be fine if it wasn't 'out-of-bounds'! They had demolished my vegie garden so now I am planting my vegies in the front garden. They are not hungry, they have heaps to eat on their side of the fence, they just prefer the lush plants over the fence! In fact they didn't even care that I was in the front garden when they jumped the fence that I had erected. I couldn't believe it they just jumped straight over! Well not any more!





The fence was originally just the height of the chicken wire but today after work I set about increasing it so they can't jump over it any more. I wasn't sure how to go about it so I dipped into my stash of bailing twine. I'm pretty sure Jamie will pull it down and redo it on the weekend but boy and I proud of my efforts!

Now remember that chic that I wasn't sure about? Well here is and up date. Check out its tail, it seems to fan out under the wings. The chicken next to it has a very different tail. So.....is it a turkey?
Maybe?

8 comments:

Woody said...

Kristy...go electric. There are good solar chargers available that aren't very expensive. There is another choice that I'm sure you wouldn't want to pick that involves a BBQ pit...lol

peace

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of getting sheep a couple of years ago and went in search of advice about fences. The bit that made me decide not to have sheep was this: Build a fence so secure that you feel nothing larger than a kitten can get through the holes. Reinforce it one more time. Stand back from the fence with a 5 gallon bucket of water. Throw the water on the fence. If the water goes through, so will the sheep ;-)

Anonymous said...

DEFINATELY a turkey! I aint seen any chickies with a tail like that!

Unknown said...

what naughty sheep ~ AGAIN!! lol :)

Jill said...

Kristy, I think you have done a great temporary job, as for a permanent fix, isn't that why we have blokes?? LOL.

Omelay said...

we finally sold our goats for similar issues.

Polly said...

On "The Cook and the Chef" tonight Simon visited a turkey farmer and he had a shed full of little creatures that I thought looked just like your "chick" Kirsty. :-)

Broad Betty said...

Yes we have decided it is definitely a turkey chick! Jamie has said that the fence will be re-done...oh well I think it looks OK. The sheep haven't managed to pull it down yet LOL that's saying something!