Saturday, December 19, 2009

Great Blog

I have just finished reading a great blog. This lady has an amazing way of writing and I just wish I could write half as well. It's written like she is talking to you, so nice to read. Anyway here's a link see what you think. She reminds me of a dear friend who lives not that far from here.


Now back to me. I have been really struggling around the farm, I just don't have any energy. I need to clean out the chicken house and the turkey shed, fence of the vegie garden and orchard so the sheep can't get into it and fix the front fence cause its about to fall down. Then I need to paint the side of the house (the side you see first when you drive up) cause it is 3 different colours and flaking of in sheets! Looks horrible. I also need to do a general yard clean up and take a load of scrap metal to the tip. It is all mounting up and I'm feeling like I will never get it done and with Christmas here there just isn't any time.


I have been thinking about putting on a huge BBQ with lots of meat and salads and homemade bread and lots to drink and invite the community over to help. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of work but there are some things a girl just can't do by herself no matter how much confidence she has in herself!


So as you see there isn't much to show you or write about cause I haven't managed to get a brass razoo done!!! Here is a snap I just took from my computer desk. The view out my front glass door!

3 comments:

Linda said...

It is a bit scary having a turkey hang around so close this time of year. He may end up in the oven.

No, I know you wouldn't do that to him.

E said...

We need an ALS GTG @ your place - yes we do!

Lucky-1 said...

LOL love the turkey looking through the window. My ducks used to do this when James was younger. He used to get annoyed with them watching him....lol

Happy New Year to you.