Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just a catch up post!

A while ago I posted a photo of Paul the sheep teasing a local homeless rooster with a carrot. Well the said homeless rooster has taken a wife.....one of my Plymouth rock bantams and her chicken. I felt like a bit of a home wrecker when I spilt them up and chased my chooks home. I explained to him that there is someone out there for him just not in my yard!
I woke up Paul from a snooze when I got home and from the photo he still doesn't look awake LOL. I went down to visit my Mum on the weekend and she gave me this plant. It's called climbing spinach and is suppose to reach 3m tall. The leaves really do taste just like spinach!

5 comments:

Lucy C said...

Climbing spinach...sounds like Jack's beanstalk to me!!!

Unknown said...

I've never seen climbing spinach before!!

Paul does look dopey, lol!!!!

baringapark said...

Paul...interesting name for a sheep..what a lovely fellow he is, great colours!

Unknown said...

Kirsty ~ I've tagged you for a MeMe, please see my blog for the "how to's"!!

Omelay said...

it is nice to see current summer gardening while winder looms before us.